Sunday, October 11, 2009

Rodian Sculpture Update
















Hey everyone, here is the final sculpted and baked Rodian head and its stand that I made. I used super sculpey to create it. It was done completely freehand, and no its not supposed to be Greedo lol, I actually used photos of him and pictures of rodians from the new clone wars series as inspiration so its just a nameless Rodian heh. It still needs the mane/mohawk portion which I made holes for before I baked the sculpey and then it will need some trimming up and sanding, then on to painting! The stand was just some random designs that I came up with, seemed to look "Star Warsey" to me, thought it turned out looking kinda cool, especially when im done painting it like I plan to. :D You have to bake sculpey by thickness and since the head is very thick and some of the extremities are not...obviously...lol, some of those extremities got a little overcooked. Really the only downside to that that I have found is that there is some discoloration, but since it's going to be painted that's not a problem. This was my first attempt at free hand sculpting, I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt, can't wait to start on another! :D Hope you guys like the pictures! :D

2 comments: