Thursday, March 5, 2009

Walmart Clone Trooper Helmet











This is a project I have been having more fun with than going for complete accuracy. This is one of the clone trooper helmets with the voice commands that you can buy from walmart. So far I have painted the back half white, installed some red LED's in the back for the "brake light" as some call it lol. I have also installed blue LED's inside the helmet shinning down in front of the visor, I know its not accurate, but I loved it so much in the commando helmets that I wanted to add it in this one too lol. Lastly you can see me holding a switch wired into the helmet, I disabled the voice commands and wired this switch into the helmets circuit board so instead of having to press the switch on the side of the helmet to keep talking through the mic, I can put this wire down my shirt/costume flip it, and talk as long as I want and it still gives me the static burst, kind of figured out how to do it on accident and it turned out pretty cool heh.

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding! I was going to start modding my VC lid later this year. I was planning on ripping the sound unit out of it to use in my Mando lid though. Not sure where I'd put the speaker in there but thoght it might be cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo thats a good idea, im gonna have to go get another one of those helmets just for that sound unit, their price is worth it just for that pretty much.

    ReplyDelete