Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yet Another New Project




Lol, Yes thats right, I've got something else I'm starting now. This new project was actually inspired by a friend of Skip's (SPC in the links section) named Gene Ross who makes amazing clone trooper sculpts, (My Custom Clones in the liks section on the right). It looked like it could be alot of fun. I have never done anything like this so I rummaged through my Star Wars Toys to look for a droid type figure that seemed like it wouldn't be too impossible lol. The picture above shows what I have done so far, I'm taking the regular size Star Wars Action figure pictured and sketching out a pretty close scale up to 12 inches. Lol, sadly just the inside of the left leg from the knee down took a good two to two and a half hours because of all the measuring I had to do. Needless to say this is going to be a project in the works for awhile. Once I have all of the sketches done I can then use them as a reference for the sculpture I will attempt, lol, to make. Should be fun though, really excited about it! :D
-Ohh and almost forgot, gonna post some stuff on the wookie blaster I have been working on in the next few days. Found a new better way to construct it then I had previously been trying so we will see how it turns out. :D

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Looks like it's a good start too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yeah, should be interesting lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still doing this? It'd be cool to watch you progress. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, its sitting in a lonely corner waiting to be worked on more lol, I actually did make up a sort of wire frame deal for it and tried to start working on one of the feet some time ago but then you had to go and release the awsome RC armor lol. Will go ahead and post some pics of what I have so far, need some suggestions on the best way to go about this lol, alot trickier than I first thought heh.

    ReplyDelete